[openstack-dev] [tc] Question about electorate for project without gerrit contribution

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Tue Mar 15 21:41:41 UTC 2016

On 15/03/2016 21:09, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 08:35:23PM +0000, Hayes, Graham wrote:
>
>> Does the current PTL not have the ability to propose extra-atc's for
>> this reason?
>>
>> Would a solution be for zigo to propose the people active in
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-pkg-tools.git/
>> to the governance repo (including himself) and the TC approve it.
>
> What you say is essentially correct, but the time for such proposals has
> passed.  The electorate has been defined.
>
> Anita has provided links to the relevant documentation.
>
> Yours Tony.

I do not see the time frame for defining an electorate there.

PTL seats are completely renewed every 6 months. A separate election is
run for
each project team. These elections are collectively held 5 weeks prior
to each
design summit, with nominations due 6 weeks prior to the summit and
elections
held open for no less than five business days.

The way the rules are currently worded if the extra ATC patch merged
before the deadline for PTL nomination anyone in that patch would be
able to run.

Where do we define the cut off date for electorate definition?

- Graham