[openstack-dev] [fuel] UCA deployment landed and working

Matthew Mosesohn mmosesohn at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 15 18:06:50 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Thanks to Alex Schultz, we landed the Ubuntu Cloud Archive as a
possible deployment source last week just in time for the feature
freeze exception. No sooner than landing it, we have a new task to
switch it to a separate Fuel release[1]. Patches are on review to fix
this now[2]. But now it seems that deployment should pass using Ubuntu
Cloud Archive with Fuel.

There were some packaging issues blocking deployment last week, but
now with openstackclient 2.2.0 in trusty-proposed/mitaka, it should
all be working. I want to thank Corey Bryant and James Page from the
UCA team for rebuilding client libraries so quickly.

I'm still running through testing cycles, and I'll report when we have
a passed BVT using UCA.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1556011
[2] https://review.openstack.org/293044 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/292340/

Best Regards,