[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Why edited configuration get replaced after stack.sh

Umar Yousaf umarusaf902 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:57:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am pretty new to openstack and I have a very basic question to ask. I
have a single node liberty edition of devstack up and running.

I order to get *ceilometer events* for instances running on demo tenant
with admin token set I have heard about role based access control (rbac)
following
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ceilometer-specs/specs/liberty/events-rbac.html,
so I added those two rules in *policy.json * inside* /etc/ceilometer* and
in order to test its affect I ./stack.sh but after that I could not find
those two rules added by me. The file is updated again with its default
values.

Is there anyway that these changes remain intact after stack.sh too. Isn't
it a very general thing that you have to update the configuration in order
to override the default behavior and in testing environment such as mine
you will be doing stack.sh very often so these changes must not be updated
by the default ones again.

Regards,
Umar