[openstack-dev] [glance]Why vm boots from the cirros image so slow?

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Tue Mar 15 08:38:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:11 AM, Ian Cordasco <sigmavirus24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was talking to a coworker earlier today and some versions of the cirros image attempt to generate a random number which can cause it to hang.

this is correct, however this happens only once. it will generate a
key for use with the dropbear SSH daemon. successive boots will use
the generated key and should therefore not slow down the bootup
process.

As Han Chao answered, it is likely an issue with DHCP timing out
during the init process. (have a look in /etc/rc3.d and you could see
what gets started).

regards,

Gerard

--