[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:19:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are jubilant to present this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual,
this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff with 07.03.2016):
- Ironic: 167 bugs (+10) + 174 wishlist items (-1). 19 new (+3), 121 in
progress (-2), 0 critical, 24 high (+2) and 13 incomplete (+1)
- Inspector: 9 bugs + 16 wishlist items (+1). 1 new (+1), 6 in progress, 0
critical, 2 high and 0 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 15 (-1). 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Network isolation (Neutron/Ironic work) (jroll)
- bumping to newton :(

RAID (lucasagomes)
==================
- just needs docs landed: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/226330/

Node filter API and claims endpoint (jroll, devananda, lucasagomes)
- no update; deprioritized in favor of neutron work, manual cleaning

Multiple compute hosts (jroll, devananda)
- newton

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/krtaylor)
===================================
- Grenade: Attempting to determine why virtual bare-metal node fails to
come up. It fails to PXE boot. Not yet sure why it is failing. In parallel
working on scripts to help parse log files.
- Grenade: For the most part, most people are getting past the 'smoke test'
portion of stable/liberty before failing. jlvillal has two systems, one
fails in "Running base smoke test" other passes and fails in "Running
resource phase create"

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
- ironic-inspector 3.1.0 is out with a bunch of features
    -
http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/ironic-inspector/mitaka.html#id2
- we are in a soft feature freeze: please concentrate on landing bug fixes,
documentation and small improvements
    - we still have one FFE, the deadline is today:
https://review.openstack.org/289825
    - the release team expect us to make the final release on Thursday,
this will become the stable/mitaka
- stable/mitaka for python-ironic-inspector-client created from the 1.5.0
release
    - this time it covers all the API changes we landed in mitaka, w00t :)
\o/

Bifrost (TheJulia)
- No update aside from gate was broken over the weekend due to bare-trusty
to ubuntu-trusty image switch.  Fix landed this morning, gate should be in
working order now.

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard