[openstack-dev] [tripleo] instack virt setup with visible external networks.

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 02:25:34 UTC 2016

I have been able to get instack to run and get both under and overclouds
to deploy, but the overcloud VMs are not accessable except if I first
ssh in to the baremetal install and then into the instack (undercloud) VM.

I've been told that there is an option to set up some form of Network
Isolation (like described here
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/advanced_deployment/network_isolation.html
)  so that the Nodes have a public network. Is there a document I've
missed that descibes how to configure instack to create these additional
interfaces on the baremetalbrbm_X nodes?  I was able to hack the VMs
themselves by bringing them down, adding an interface on to them and
bringing them back up, but that is not very automatable.