[openstack-dev] [kolla] [infra] Size of images built in the gate

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Mon Mar 14 15:25:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm currently working to add new gates for the oraclelinux image base
type (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla/+spec/oraclelinux-gate) and
had a question on size available in the gate VMs.

Right now the binary build is running out of space in the gate, as it
exceeds the 10GB we're allocating for /var/lib/docker. For me, a current
local build using binary+oraclelinux is clocking in at 10.01GB, where as
the centos+binary is a little smaller at 8.89GB.

Is it written anywhere exactly what space is available in the gate VMs?
Sam mentioned briefly that different providers used in the gate give a
variety of disk sizes, so do we have an idea what we can reasonably bump
the docker partition to?

The above number indicates centos will likely soon run into the same
problem as we dockerise more of the big tent, so I think it's a good
idea to check this now before more gates start falling over.

Thanks,
-Paul

p.s. if people are interested here's lists sorted by name of the
oraclelinux and centos builds:

oraclelinux: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/339672/96915914
centos: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/339673/57969163