[openstack-dev] [murano] PTL Noncandidacy

Serg Melikyan smelikyan at mirantis.com
Sat Mar 12 03:09:00 UTC 2016

I would like to announce that I am not going to run for Murano PTL this
release cycle. I was the official Murano PTL for the past two cycles and I
feel that it's time for me to pass this role to someone new and more
energetic.

In this e-mail I want to reflect on some changes in community activity
around Murano project that happened in the last few cycles.

Murano started as a one company contribution and that can be easily seen at
stackalytics.org. But I'm happy that this is changing, the number of
commits from non-Mirantis engineers grew from 15% in Kilo [0], to 25% in
Liberty [1], and to 39% in Mitaka [2]. Which means that since the last year
the relative contribution from other companies has more than doubled.

I am very proud of this numbers but not for myself. Kirill Zaitsev is the
person behind this achievement.

He was very active on IRC, helping people step-by-step in their
contribution and encouraging them along the way. He also was the top
reviewer in this cycle with 754 (22% of total) reviews for Murano [3]. He
was participating as a mentor in Outreachy program, mentoring and helping
people to participate in open source development. He was doing all of that
while contributing considerable amount of changes to Murano and other
projects.

Kirill,

Thank you for everything you did for the team and for helping me to lead
the project more than you can imagine. I am waiting for your
self-nomination ;)