[openstack-dev] [heat] issue of ResourceGroup in Heat template

Duan, Li-Gong (Gary, HPServers-Core-OE-PSC) li-gong.duan at hpe.com
Fri Mar 11 05:48:28 UTC 2016

Hi Zane,

Thanks for your reply.
I guess you mean that IP address of rg_a should be available AS SOON AS/AFTER  the server of rg_a becomes CREATE_COMPLETE? As Sergey pointed out, there is a chance that IP address might be available when the server of rg_a becomes CREATE_COMPLETE. Actually, IMHO, it depends on when a server becomes ACTIVE or CREATE_COMPLETE. It will becomes ACTIVE or CREATE_COMPLETE when the OS is boot up but initiation services(such as network interface starting up) has not been done or when both OS itself and initialization jobs such as daemon service up and network interface up, IP assigned.

Regards,
Gary