[openstack-dev] [all][zaqar][cloudkitty] Default ports list

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Mar 10 13:58:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10 2016, Thomas Herve wrote:

> Isn't devstack meant for development? Running the APIs in a WSGI
> container like Apache or uwsgi makes for a terrible debugging
> experience. Just this morning I had to prevent aodh from running in
> Apache to be able to run it standalone.

That shouldn't be the case, debugging using Apache shouldn't be much
harder to debug. Could you elaborate on the issues you encountered so we
can possibly improve the situation?

> Also, those apps that use WSGI still bind a different port. The fact
> that it runs in Apache doesn't really solve the URLs problem.

They should not, I know some projects (Keystone at least since I fixed
it, and Gnocchi) are able to run under a prefix on standard ports.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker