[openstack-dev] [all][zaqar][cloudkitty] Default ports list

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 13:40:20 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Sean Dague wrote:
>
>> These are HTTP services. They really shoudn't be claiming new ports,
>> they should be running on a real webserver on 80 or 443.
>>
>> There is some legacy there with the original services that we are
>> churning through. It would be nice if new services *started* with
>> staying on wsgi only, and stopped grabbing random ports.
>

> +many. It would be great if we just got rid of the runnable web
> servers in the projects and just expose wsgi apps (the tools like
> devstack etc mounted under whatever the available server is).

Isn't devstack meant for development? Running the APIs in a WSGI
container like Apache or uwsgi makes for a terrible debugging
experience. Just this morning I had to prevent aodh from running in
Apache to be able to run it standalone.

Also, those apps that use WSGI still bind a different port. The fact
that it runs in Apache doesn't really solve the URLs problem.

--
Thomas