[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Compatibility of fuel plugins and fuel versions

Aleksandr Didenko adidenko at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 10 12:49:30 UTC 2016

> Good idea. That should be done despite on any decision we will take.

Currently you have to specify which releases your plugin supports [0]. So I
can take my plugin developed for 8.0 and install it on Fuel-9.0 (I actually
did it and it worked just fine). But I won't be able to enable this plugin
for "mitaka-9.0" release because plugin was not developed and tested for
it, so it does not have "miraka-9.0" in "releases" list [0]. So I don't
quite understand how new "validated_against" parameter will differ from
existing "releases" list.

Regards,
Alex

[0]