[openstack-dev] [neutron][oslo]neutron agent not receiving callback

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 14:40:43 UTC 2016

Vikash Kumar <vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Vikash Kumar
> <vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com> wrote:
> I have written a sample neutron agent which subscribe for the
> AFTER_CREATE event of router. I have defined a sample method as callback,
> but the method doesn't gets called anytime.
>
> Also, in logs:
>
> 2016-03-09 01:36:08.220 7075 DEBUG neutron.callbacks.manager [-]
> Subscribe: <function add_router at 0x7fdbbc482ed8> router after_create
> subscribe /opt/stack/neutron/neutron/callbacks/manager.py:41
>

>     which means the subscription is successful.
>
>    Do I need to enable anything in config file to get that ? Or am I missing something ?

First, nothing oslo specific is discussed here, so [oslo] tag is probably
redundant.

Overall, I believe you try to rely on wrong thing that won’t deliver for
you: callbacks are internal to neutron-server, so events triggered by
neutron-servers will never reach any other processes (like your agent).

More info: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/callbacks.html

Ihar