[openstack-dev] [Horizon] How do we move forward with xstatic releases?

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Wed Mar 9 08:24:40 UTC 2016

On 03/08/2016 11:43 PM, David Lyle wrote:

> I'm wondering if since horizon is really the only project consuming
> these xstatic libraries and none are likely to venture down this path of
> madness with us that it would be safe to manage the xstatic requirements
> and upper-constraints locally.
>
> Technically the plugins for horizon depend on this, but they depend via
> horizon. If they require specific versions that are not supported by
> Horizon, I think all bets are off anyway.

This is exactly my first thought. The plugins *must* depend on Horizon,
and they have to use the same versions of XStatic packages anyways, so
why specify the dependencies twice? If the changes between versions are
so big as to be breaking, then the plugins have to be updated to work
with the new Horizon anyways.

--
Radomir Dopieralski