[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Doubt about data recollection

Alberto Gutiérrez Torre alberto.gutierrez at bsc.es
Mon Mar 7 16:47:58 UTC 2016

Hello,

Istarted working with OpenStack's ceilometer recently and I have some
questions that I can not resolve with the documentation I have found.

I would like to have the telemetry of a node inside the node itself (for
example, a virtual machine that resides in that node and processes the
local information in some way) without passing through the global scope
(Ceilometer API with the default settings). Is it possible? I have read
about agent plugins and it may be a way to approach to the solution
(http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/contributing/plugins.html).

Best regards,
Alberto.

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer