[openstack-dev] [telemetry][aodh] "aodh alarm list" vs "aodh alarm search"

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Mar 7 15:42:03 UTC 2016

On 07/03/2016 8:05 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07 2016, gordon chung wrote:
>
>> shall we drop 'alarm search' nomenclature and use just 'alarm list' for
>> both queries (standard and complex). the concern i have right now is the
>> proposal is to add standard query support to 'alarm list' while complex
>> query support is in 'alarm search'. this is very confusing especially
>> because both commands use '--query' as their option input.
>
> So you have to differentiate 2 things: the REST API and the CLI.
> You can't merge both on the REST API side, because the complex query
> system require to send a JSON object, so that requires a POST – whereas
> listing is simply done via GET. That part we can't merge together.
>
> Now, if your plan is to merge both command on the CLI side, I see no
> objection. That's probably a good UX point.

yeah, the proposal is to merge on the client side. let's do that, since
it was same way we were leaning at the meeting[1].

1. drop aodh alarm search
2. add both --query and --complex-query support to aodh alarm list

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/telemetry/2016/telemetry.2016-03-03-15.01.log.html

cheers,
--