[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Fuel-web] Jenkins failing, tox -e py27 error

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Mar 7 14:38:10 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-07 16:02:40 +0530 (+0530), Prameswar Lal wrote:
> I recently started exploring Fuel. Found a small error in documentation but
> when i am trying to push the fix, jenkins is throwing following errors:
[...]
> | Creating role openstack_citest with password
> openstack_citest2016-03-07 10:05:18.684
> <http://logs.openstack.org/40/289240/1/check/gate-fuel-web-python27/bd6300b/console.html#_2016-03-07_10_05_18_684>
> | psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
> "postgres"2016-03-07 10:05:18.684
> <http://logs.openstack.org/40/289240/1/check/gate-fuel-web-python27/bd6300b/console.html#_2016-03-07_10_05_18_684>
[...]

Late last week we moved unit test jobs to a new minimal worker type
which requires installation of distro packages and database
configuration during job runtime. I tried to recreate (as closely as
possible) with shell scripts the setup previously performed by
corresponding Puppet modules which took place during image creation
for the prior worker type. You can see at
http://logs.openstack.org/40/289240/1/check/gate-fuel-web-python27/bd6300b/console.html#_2016-03-07_10_04_22_654
that the job successfully logs into postgres with a root password of
"insecure_slave" and creates an openstack_citest role with password
"openstack_citest".

Any help from those more familiar with the database use in Fuel's
unit tests in narrowing down what's different about this postgrest
setup vs the old one would be most appreciated.
--
Jeremy Stanley