[openstack-dev] [fuel] Newton PTL and CL elections

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 7 08:37:57 UTC 2016

Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> Updated dates based on openstack/election events.yaml:
>
> PTL self-nomination: March 11-17
> PTL election: March 18-24
> CL self-nomination: March 25-31
> CL election: April 1-7
>
> Can we fit the component leads election into the same process (i.e.
> component lead candidates would self-nominate by submitting
> candidates/<cycle>/<project_name>/<candidate_name>.txt files to
> openstack/election)?

I think the election officials already have their hands full with the
elections required by our governance, they probably can't handle
specific elections for custom subroles in project teams (like the
component leads that Fuel seems to want).

I'd recommend that you run that part yourselves once the PTL is elected.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)