[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [glance] Remove `run_tests.sh` and `tools/*`

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 19:20:17 UTC 2016

On 04/03/16 14:12 -0500, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
>Surely you can directly use the standard libraries to test systemwide
>but I am more curious to know if there are some who are still using
>run_tests wrappings that exist for to ease the pain a bit.

Oh, sorry if I came off wrong. What I meant is that if you have glance installed
systemwide, you'd be better off running the command found in tox.ini rather than
running `run_tests.sh`. One reason is that one point in favor to `tox` and even
`run_tests.sh` itself is isolating test environments. Other than that, I don't
think they provide much other benefits over just running testr directly (which I
sometimes do).

Hope that's clearer,
Flavio

--