[openstack-dev] [sahara][sahara-tests] Sahara-tests release and launchpad project

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 16:14:18 UTC 2016

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 12:29 AM, Evgeny Sikachev <esikachev at mirantis.com
> <mailto:esikachev at mirantis.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, sahara folks!
>
>     I would like to propose release sahara-tests. All steps from spec
>     implemented except releases and packaging.[0]
>
>     Release criteria: framework ready for testing a new release of Sahara.
>
>     Next step: build a package and publish to PyPI.

no objection from me on creating a release, i am curious how we will
plan future releases though.

>     Also, I think we need to create a separate Launchpad project (like
>     python-saharaclient[1]) for correct bugs tracking process. This adds
>     ability nominate bugs to releases andwill not be a confusion with
>     Sahara bugs.

i don't have strong opinions about creating a new launchpad. on one
hand, i can see the value of keeping these bugs separate and having a
specific location for the project. on the other hand, i generally like
being able to see all the sahara projects in one place.

thanks for bringing this up Evgeny

regards,
mike