[openstack-dev] [glance] Remove `run_tests.sh` and `tools/*`

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 11:42:20 UTC 2016

Hey Folks,

I'm looking at doing some cleanups in our repo and I would like to start by
deprecating the `run_tests` script and the contents in the `tools/` dir.

As far as I can tell, no one is using this code - we're not even using it in the
gate - as it was broken until recently, I believe. The recommended way to run
tests is using `tox` and I believe having this script in the code base misleads
new contributors and other users.

So, before we do this. I wanted to get feedback from a broader audience and give
a heads up to folks that might be using this code.

Any objections? Something I'm missing?

Flavio

--
@flaper87