[openstack-dev] [cinder] Nested quota -1 limit race condition

Ryan McNair scupper77 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:24:35 UTC 2016

Hey all,

Nested quotas has officially started fighting back - while writing Tempest
tests for the nested quota support [1], I hit a race-condition related to
the nested quota -1 support that has me stumped. I opened a bug for it [2]
with more details, but basically the issue occurs when if you change a
limit to or from -1 for a project while at the same time creating volumes
on the project (or on it's subtree if child is using -1 also).

Trying to figure out how to best handle this. Whether suggestions for how
to fix this, thoughts on how critical this situation is, whether we should
disable -1 support for now, etc. - all input is welcome.

Thanks,
Ryan McNair (mc_nair)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/285640/2
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1552944