[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Mitaka release planning

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:05:28 UTC 2016

Hi Neutrinos,

Mitaka-3 is out [1] and we should be focussing on rc1. This is the time
where we switch gear:

   - Test M-3, find issues and target them for RC1 [2];
   - Apply/agree for FFE status for pending features on the postmortem [3];
   - For features that get FFE granted, I'll be moving targeting them to
   RC1. Those that get denied will be pushed back to N as soon as it opens up.
   - Be mindful of the gate. Watch its state and make sure that you
   approve/merge only changes that are targeted for RC1. Anything else should
   be pushed back, especially trivial, and cosmetic fixes.
   - RC1 is for critical and high bug fixes (release blockers or gate
   failures) and FFE changes only. Anything else should be left untargeted.
   - Remember to tie loose ends, testing and docs are paramount to allow
   our users to enjoy our new features reliably.

When in doubt, reach out!

Cheers,
Armando

[1] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/mitaka-3