[openstack-dev] [Neutron] VM could not get IP from dhcp server

康敬亭 jingting at unitedstack.com
Thu Mar 3 03:19:56 UTC 2016

Hi guys:

I have openstack Liberty(linuxbridge + vxlan) installed, and the vm could not get IP from dhcp server.

Troubleshooting:
Using tcpdump can get dhcp discover packet on physical NIC on network node, but can't get it on vxlan port(vxlan-100) on network node.
In opposite direction, Sending arp broadcast  in dhcp namespace, and we can get packet on vxlan port(vxlan-100) but can't get packet on physical NIC.

However, we find port 8472 is being listened. Meanwhile all interfaces(vxlan-100, physical NIC) are up and running.

What could be the reason for the issue? Any comments are appreciated.

BR,
Jingting