[openstack-dev] [neutron] - Changing the Neutron default security group rules

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hpe.com
Wed Mar 2 23:41:40 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 02:46 PM, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote on 03/02/2016 01:27:27 PM:
>
>  > Does it at least also include the UUID, or is there no way to tell
>  > from 'nova show'?
>
> No direct way to tell, as far as I can see.

Yep.  Best I can find is:

neutron port-list -- --device_id <instanceUUID>
then
neutron port-show <resulting port ID>

Ironically enough, while nova show shows the security group name,
neutron port-show shows the UUID.  Clearly an eschewing of foolish
consistency :)

Drifting... it seems that nova list will sort by instance name
ascending, and openstack server list will sort by instance name ...
descending.  And openstack server show will emit a less formatted
version of the security group name than nova show does.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones