[openstack-dev] [neutron] - Changing the Neutron default security group rules

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:04:51 UTC 2016

On 3 March 2016 at 07:52, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> On 03/02/2016 01:46 PM, Armando M. wrote:
> <snip>
> > IMO, I think that's a loophole that should be closed. We should all
> > strive to make OpenStack clouds behave alike.
>
> It might be a loophole. But it's also data. People are doing that thing
> for a reason based on customer feedback. If the general norms are that
> this is allowed, and OpenStack clouds do the opposite, they will be
> considered broken compared to the norms.

Not the customers I've spoken with.

I'm OK with doing something different to RAX, in fact some people might
consider RAX to be broken when they see it different from us.  I'm not keen
on any cloud being considered 'broken' because of an implementation detail,
and every cloud has some level of differences.  Just take a look at
os_client_config to see some of the differences (and the ways to make that
easier).