[openstack-dev] [neutron] - Changing the Neutron default security group rules

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed Mar 2 18:16:52 UTC 2016

Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> Could we at least make it less difficult to figure out which security
> group is attached to a Nova instance?  Right now `nova show` says only
> that the security group is named "default" and guess what --- they are
> *all* named default!  An admin looking at this is lost.

Meaning your users are creating new security groups and naming them
"default" - so you have the "default" default (heh) and then the one
that they created named default?

Are security group names in Nova-Net unqiue? I seem to recall that being
a difference between Nova-Net and Neutron, where security group names
are not unique in Neutron - hence the problem above.

--
Sean M. Collins