[openstack-dev] [mistral][osc-lib][openstackclient] is it too early for orc-lib?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:29:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Hardik <hardik.parekh at nectechnologies.in>
wrote:

> Regarding osc-lib we have mainly two changes.
>
> 1) Used "utils" which is moved from openstackclient.common.utils to
> osc_lib.utils
> 2) We used "command"  which wrapped in osc_lib from cliff.
>
> So I think there is no harm in keeping osc_lib.

Admittedly the change to include osc-lib is a little early, I would have
preferred until the other parts of it were a bit more stable.

> Also, I guess we do not need openstackclient to be installed  with
> mistralclient as if mistral is used in standalone mode
> there is no need of openstackclient.

The choice to include OSC as a dependency of a plugin/library rests
entirely on the plugin team, and that will usually be determined by the
answer to the question "Do you want all users of your library to have OSc
installed even if they do not use it?"  or alternatively "Do you want to
make your users remember to install OSC after installing the plugin?"

Note that we do intend to have the capability on osc-lib to build an
OSC-like stand-alone binary for plugins that would theoretically make
installing OSC optional for stand-alone client users.  This is not complete
yet, and as I said above, one reason I wish osc-lib had not been merged
into plugin requirements yet.  That said, as long as you don't use those
bits yet you will be fine, the utils, command, etc bits are stable, it is
the clientmanager and shell parts that are still being developed.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com