[openstack-dev] [manila] nfs-ganesha export modification issue

Csaba Henk chenk at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 14:55:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

just to provide some context for Alexey's statement

> the second one [creating multiple exports (one per client) for an
exported resource
> [used in current manila's ganesha helper]] ... can easily lead to
confusion.

Here is how it's been dealt with in the case of Manila's Ganesha helper:

https://review.openstack.org/286346/

Ie. include a literal "<access-id>" string in the export location provided
for
the share. That's a hack, but at least makes clear how things are.

My idea for fixing this was to introduce per-access-rule export locations
(either by storing an export location template for the share, which would be
filled with actual values on the fly when the access rule is queried
through the
API, or store export location in the db as part of the access rule record).

So far I haven't got there to bring it up, but maybe now it's the time.

Csaba