[openstack-dev] [openstack-infra][nodepool] Can the nodes created by nodepool be reused by jenkins jobs?

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 03:12:26 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:49:41AM +0800, 王华 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In OpenStack infra system after a job in Jenkins has finalized, Jenkins
> send a message called onFinalized to  nodepool to delete the node. I have a
> question. Between the time the job is done and
> the node is deleted by nodepool, will the node be reused by other jobs in
> jenkins? All nodes created by nodepool only run a jenkins job and then be
> deleted? Can we let some jenkins jobs like pep8 to reuse the nodes?

Yes, it is possible. We have a setting in nodepool called
OFFLINE_NODE_WHEN_COMPLETE[1]. When this parameter is not set, jenkins will
be allow to reused the nodes created by nodepool.

It is possible to reused nodes for pep8 jobs only, it is a configuration change
to zuul.

But we don't wan to do this in openstack-infra, because we want new nodes for
each job.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/zuul/openstack_functions.py#n34