[openstack-dev] [kolla] [tools] OpenStack client in a Docker container

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Wed Jun 29 13:35:53 UTC 2016

Hi Jeffrey,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am Interested in you Ansible scripts. Could u share it?

Everything is on GitHub [1] (and Gitlab [2]). I have a constraint that
I have to work with, and that is the Automated builds at the Docker
Registry. This is because I can not use gitlab shared runners to
perform the build (they haven't enabled --privileged for dind to work)
and I prefer not to use travis-ci.

Because of this, I am unable to use Ansible Containers. So basically,
I have a small run script to ensure a single layer, that installs
Ansible, it curls a playbook and runs this against localhost and then
purges Ansible and curl.

The Ansible playbooks are actually tested/reused this way, as I
normally use them to provision new workstations from a Heat template.

I will certainly want to investigate more about Ansible Containers and
the possibility to replace the Dockerfile with this.

Cheers,

Gerard

[1]  https://github.com/gbraad/docker-openstack-client
[2]  https://gitlab.com/gbraad/openstack-client