[openstack-dev] [mistral] [murano] [yaql] yaqluator bug

Elisha, Moshe (Nokia - IL) moshe.elisha at nokia.com
Tue Jun 28 16:46:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words, Alexey.

I was able to reproduce your bug and I have also found the issue.

The problem is that we did not create the parser with the engine_options used in the yaql library by default when using the CLI.
Specifically, the "yaql.limitIterators" was missing… I am not sure that this settings should have this affect but maybe the Yaql guys can comment on that.

If we will change yaqluator to use this setting it will mean that yaqluator will not be consistent with Mistral because Mistral is using YAQL without this engine option (If I use your example in a workflow, Mistral returns exactly like the yaqluator returns)

Workflow:

---
version: '2.0'

test_yaql:
  tasks:
    test_yaql:
      action: std.noop
      publish:
        output_expr: <% [1,2].join([3], true, [$1, $2]) %>

Workflow result:

[root at s53-19 ~(keystone_admin)]# mistral task-get-published 01d2bce3-20d0-47b2-84f2-7bd1cb2bf9f7
{
    "output_expr": [
        [
            1,
            3
        ]
    ]
}

As Matthews pointed out, the yaqluator is indeed OpenSource and contributions are welcomed.

[1] https://github.com/ALU-CloudBand/yaqluator/commit/e523dacdde716d200b5ed1015543d4c4680c98c2