[openstack-dev] [nova] Do we require the 'next' link for paging, always?

Alex Xu soulxu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:57:58 UTC 2016

Matt, thanks for the email, I +1 on the next page link. Then user needn't
build up link by themself.

I also have one more question after review those pagination patches:

As those pagination proposes change the default sort order. So should we
keep the sort order for old version API?
    I think it should be yes. For instance-actions, it should keep the
order sorted by 'create_at' column in old versionAPI. The new version API
will sort the result by 'updated_at' column.
    But the question for keypairs and hypervisors, looks like they didn't
specify the sort order explicitly, so I think they should depend on the DB
implementation. Should we keep the old version API unspecified sort order?