[openstack-dev] [constraints] Updating stable branch URL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Jun 27 23:00:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 05:14:23PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-06-27 15:27:47 +1000 (+1000), Tony Breeds wrote:
> [...]
> > Can't we extend the tools[1] that do that step with the updating
> > of tox.ini?
>
> The risk there is that you're breaking that new stable branch for
> developers until a similarly-named branch is created for the
> openstack/requirements repository. It could be worked around with
> additional logic to fall back on the master URL if the branch
> doesn't exist, but it's also possible we just document this as a
> shortcoming for the sake of simplicity.

Or make the first repo process openstack/requirements ; sleep long enough for
any mirroring to occur and then process the rest?

The new URL wont take effect until the review to update tox.ini is merged.  I'm
not suggesting forcing it in just facilitating the change with the current
tools/process.

It seem like that narrows to window of breakage?

Yours Tony.