[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Replace OSTF with Rally

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 27 14:27:44 UTC 2016

> On Jun 27, 2016, at 16:57, Andrey Kurilin <akurilin at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
> Rally consists of two main components: Rally Task and Rally Verification. They are totally separated.
> Task component is fully pluggable and you can run there whatever you want in whatever you want way.

Andrey, thanks for explanation!

I wonder what are the benefits of using Rally then? We can run whatever we want by means of MCollective or Ansible. Is there something that could help us? I don't know, maybe some dashboard integration with per test results or running by tests by tag?

Besides, we don't run some tests if deployed configuration doesn't assume it. For instance, no need to run ceilometer test (and even show one) if we deploy env without it. Is it possible to achieve it with Rally?

Thanks,
Igor