[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Tagging kilo-eol for "the world"

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Jun 24 23:17:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:20:12AM -0700, Sumit Naiksatam wrote:
> Hi, I had earlier requested in this thread that the stable/kilo branch
> for the following repos be not deleted:
>
> > openstack/group-based-policy
> > openstack/group-based-policy-automation
> > openstack/group-based-policy-ui
> > openstack/python-group-based-policy-client
>
> and the request was ack’ed by Tony (also in this thread). However, I
> just noticed that these branches have been deleted. Can this deletion
> please be reversed?

Firstly I appologise.  I clearly gave Josh the wrong list of repos, which
included the repos above.

I'm sure we can re-create the branch from the SHA and that *should* allow
development to continue hhowever due to the ditributed nature of gut deleteing
the tag is "hard".  What this means in practise is that when you do decide to
dop the kilo branch you'll end up with a kilo-eol-for-real-this-time :) or
similar tag.

Again I'm sorry fo the mistake.

Yours Tony.