[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Tagging kilo-eol for "the world"

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Jun 24 17:32:24 UTC 2016

On 06/24/2016 02:09 PM, Joshua Hesketh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have completed removing stable/kilo branches from the projects listed
> [0]*. There are now 'kilo-eol' tags in place at the sha's where the
> branches were.
>
> *There are a couple of exceptions. oslo-incubator was listed but is an
> unmaintained project so no further action was required. Tony and I have
> also decided to hold off
> on openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade, openstack-dev/pbr
> and openstack/requirements until we are confident removing the
> stable/kilo branch will have no negative effects on the projects who
> opt-ed out of being EOL'd.
>
> In this process we noted a couple of repositories still have branches
> from Juno and even earlier. I haven't put together a comprehensive list
> of old branches, but rather if your project has an outdated branch that
> you would like removed and/or tagged as end-of-life, please let me know.
>
> For those interested in the script I used or other infra cores looking
> to perform this next time, it is up for review in the release-tools
> repo: https://review.openstack.org/333875

Thanks, Joshua.

We're now removing the special handling of kilo branches from
project-config as well - it looks odd for some projects where kilo is
removed from conditions and we still have icehouse or juno. Followup
changes are welcome.

https://review.openstack.org/334008
https://review.openstack.org/333910
https://review.openstack.org/333977