[openstack-dev] [all] what do you work on upstream of OpenStack?

Ihor Dvoretskyi idvoretskyi at mirantis.com
Thu Jun 23 16:47:32 UTC 2016

Doug, nice work, thank for collecting these items.

I'd like to suggest adding Kubernetes as one of the container projects,
that is actively contributed by people from the OpenStack world. Within the
Kubernetes Community we have an OpenStack Special Interest Group [0], where
the most active members are deeply involved into OpenStack and Kubernetes
either [1].

0. https://github.com/kubernetes/community/tree/master/sig-openstack
1.
https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/sig-openstack/SIG-members.md

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya.info> wrote:

> On 06/23/2016 08:37 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-06-13 15:11:17 -0400:
> >> I'm trying to pull together some information about contributions
> >> that OpenStack community members have made *upstream* of OpenStack,
> >> via code, docs, bug reports, or anything else to dependencies that
> >> we have.
> >>
> >> If you've made a contribution of that sort, I would appreciate a
> >> quick note.  Please reply off-list, there's no need to spam everyone,
> >> and I'll post the summary if folks want to see it.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Doug
> >>

> > I've summarized the results of all of your responses (on and off
> > list) on a blog post this morning [1]. I removed individual names
> > because I was concentrating on the community as a whole, rather than
> > individual contributions.
> >
> > I'm sure there are projects not listed, either because I missed
> > something in my summary or because someone didn't reply. Please feel
> > free to leave a comment on the post with references to other projects.
> > It's not necessary to link to specific commits or bugs or anything like
> > that, unless there's something you would especially like to highlight.
> >
> > Thank you for your input into the survey. I'm impressed with the
> > breadth of the results. I'm very happy to know that our community,
> > which so often seems to be focused on building new projects, also
> > contributes to existing projects that we all rely on.
> >
> > Doug
> >
> > [1]
> https://doughellmann.com/blog/2016/06/23/openstack-contributions-to-other-open-source-projects/

> Thanks for putting this together Doug that is an impressive list.
>
> It is interesting as I had not considered Zuul and Jenkins Job Builder
> to be 'other open source tools' but you are correct, it is a way to look
> at them.
>
> Thanks Doug,
> Anita.

Best regards,