[openstack-dev] [all] what do you work on upstream of OpenStack?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jun 23 12:37:04 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-06-13 15:11:17 -0400:
> I'm trying to pull together some information about contributions
> that OpenStack community members have made *upstream* of OpenStack,
> via code, docs, bug reports, or anything else to dependencies that
> we have.
>
> If you've made a contribution of that sort, I would appreciate a
> quick note.  Please reply off-list, there's no need to spam everyone,
> and I'll post the summary if folks want to see it.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

I've summarized the results of all of your responses (on and off
list) on a blog post this morning [1]. I removed individual names
because I was concentrating on the community as a whole, rather than
individual contributions.

I'm sure there are projects not listed, either because I missed
something in my summary or because someone didn't reply. Please feel
free to leave a comment on the post with references to other projects.
It's not necessary to link to specific commits or bugs or anything like
that, unless there's something you would especially like to highlight.

Thank you for your input into the survey. I'm impressed with the
breadth of the results. I'm very happy to know that our community,
which so often seems to be focused on building new projects, also
contributes to existing projects that we all rely on.

Doug

[1] https://doughellmann.com/blog/2016/06/23/openstack-contributions-to-other-open-source-projects/