[openstack-dev] [Tripleo] X509 Management

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 19:51:49 UTC 2016

On 06/21/2016 02:42 PM, Juan Antonio Osorio wrote:
> Adam, this is pretty much the proposal for TLS for the internal
> services (which you were added already as a reviewer for the spec)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/282307/
> The services in the overcloud fetching their certificates via
> certmonger is actually work in progress, which you could review here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/tls-via-certmonger
> Only thing is that currently this approach assumes FreeIPA, so the
> nodes need to be registered beforehand (and then trigger
> self-enrollment via some hooks).
> Also, the spec that I'm pointing to doesn't require the CA to be the
> in undercloud and it could be another node. But hey, if we could
> deploy Anchor on the Undercloud, then that could be used, so we
> wouldn't need another node for this means.

Yes, I was basing my proposal her around your work.  I want there to be
something guaranteed for Certmonger to talk to, and I realize that Heat
can probably play that role.

Anchor might also be viable here, I just don't want to force it as a
dependency.  We are talking the selfsigned use case here, so it should
be minimal overhead.