[openstack-dev] Does nova-compute interact with nova Db?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:36:12 UTC 2016

On 06/21/2016 10:07 AM, KHAN, RAO ADNAN wrote:
> I want to collect an *extra_resource* info from compute node(s) and add
> it in to the compute_nodes table. I like to understand how nova-compute
> interacts with DB currently.

nova-compute does not interact with the database directly. Only via the
nova.objects interfaces.

That said, please don't use extra_resources. That is for the extensible
resource tracker which has been removed from Nova.

Can you please share information on what you are wanting to track using
the extra_resources field?

Best,
-jay