[openstack-dev] Does nova-compute interact with nova Db?

Andrey Volkov avolkov at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 21 15:29:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

nova-compute hasn't direct access to DB only scheduler, conductor and API
can use it.
See schema: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/architecture.html.

I think for your case you could write some script (ansible, puppet?) to
collect data and nova-manage command to update DB.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 5:07 PM, KHAN, RAO ADNAN <rk221s at att.com> wrote:

> I want to collect an *extra_resource* info from compute node(s) and add it
> in to the compute_nodes table. I like to understand how nova-compute
> interacts with DB currently.
>

> Thanks,
>

> *Rao Adnan Khan*
>
> AT&T Integrated Cloud (AIC) Development | SE
> Software Development & Engineering (SD&E)
>
> Emai: rk221s at att.com
>
> Cell phone: 972-342-5638
>

> RESTRICTED - PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
>
> This email is the property of AT&T and intended solely for the use of the
> addressee. If you have reason to believe you have received this in error,
> please delete this immediately; any other use, retention, dissemination,
> copying or printing of this email is strictly prohibited.

Andrey Volkov,
Software Engineer, Mirantis