[openstack-dev] [diskimage-builder] ERROR: embedding is not possible, but this is required for cross-disk install

Andre Florath andre at florath.net
Tue Jun 21 04:37:10 UTC 2016

Hi!

Before things getting said twice (looks that there is some
public interest here ;-) ):

Can you please rerun and skip the partition part of
the loop device for fdisk -l?
E.g. instead of /dev/loop0p1 just /dev/loop0?
(This was my original intend but maybe not correctly
described.)

Also can you please send the parameters passed to parted?
(When running with trace enabled
this should be written to the logs. Please run something like
   export DIB_DEBUG_TRACE="255"
   disk-image-create -o /tmp/ubuntu.qcow2 --image-size=10 ubuntu vm | tee o.log
and send the output of
   grep parted o.log
)

===

To be on the same page, here are the other infos Jay send:

> o Can you please provide the DIB version?

ii  python-dib-utils 0.0.6-1
ii  python-diskimage-builder 1.0.0-1

> o Are you using UEFI on the host system?
>    (For me your command works and this question is about
>     a possible difference: '--target=i386-pc' appears
>     not in my logs)

Yes, it's a UEFI-enabled host:

jaypipes at brix-1:~$ sudo efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0000