[openstack-dev] [nova] libvirt driver: who should create the libvirt.xml file?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 20 15:47:57 UTC 2016

White working on the change series to implement the virtlogd feature I
got feedback [1] to move code which creates parts of the libvirt.xml
file from the "driver" module into the "guest" module. I'm a bit
hesitant to do so as the responsibility of creating a valid libvirt.xml
file is then spread across 3 modules:
* driver.py
* guest.py
* designer.py
I'm only looking for a guideline here (The "driver" module is humongous
and I think it would be a good thing to have the "libvirt.xml" creation
code outside of it). Thoughts?