[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] There is no Jenkins, only Zuul

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 12:58:01 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 01:47:24PM +0200, Marek Zawadzki wrote:
> Are 3d party CIs affected by this change and if yes how?
> What's the recommendation for newly created 3rd party CIs - should they use
> new zuul only or it's fine to use existing (and tested) jenkins+zuul
> configuration?

3rd party CI should not be affected by recent changes. As there interface to our
CI system is gerrit (review.openstack.org). Zuulv25 is really only meant to be
consumed by openstack-infra as a stepping stone to zuulv3. At this time I would
not recommend people update their CI systems to consume it.

> Second question - if jobs are to be launched by zuul+ansible, how will the
> worker host be chosen, by ansible-launcher? (normally as I understand
> Jenkins master takes care of deciding which hosts are free to run jobs)
> Are there any specs about way of managing workers (adding/removing, setting
> # of executors)?

This was and still is controlled by nodepool[1]. Even when we used jenkins,
nodepool was responsible for creating our jenkins slaves. Under zuulv25, this is
still the case except they are called zuul workers now.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/nodepool/