[openstack-dev] [ironic] Proposing two new cores

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Sat Jun 18 15:25:52 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:12:31AM -0400, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose Jay Faulkner (JayF) and Sam Betts (sambetts) for the
> ironic-core team.
>
> Jay has been in the community as long as I have, has been IPA and
> ironic-specs core for quite some time. His background is operations, and
> he's getting good with Python. He's given great reviews for quite a
> while now, and the number is steadily increasing. I think it's a
> no-brainer.
>
> Sam has been in the ironic community for quite some time as well, with
> close ties to the neutron community as well. His background seems to be
> in networking, he's got great python skills as well. His reviews are
> super useful. He doesn't have quite as many as some people, but they are
> always thoughtful, and he often catches things others don't. I do hope
> to see more of his reviews.
>
> Both Sam and Jay are to the point where I consider their +1 or -1 as
> highly as any other core, so I think it's past time to allow them to +2
> as well.
>
> Current cores, please reply with your vote.

9 out of 11 sounds like consensus to me. Welcome to the team, Jay and
Sam! :)

ironic-core membership:
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/165,members

As a note, the IPA core team was ironic-core plus Jay and Josh. We
apparently forgot to remove Josh's core rights from IPA when he stopped
working on ironic, so I've done that. Now that Jay is in ironic-core,
I've consolidated things such that ironic-core is the review team for
IPA.

Patch for the IPA change is here: https://review.openstack.org/331425

ironic-python-agent-core membership:
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/307,members