[openstack-dev] [tc] Re: [fuel] [kolla] Containerized OpenStack on Kubernetes experimental project proposal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 17 18:38:59 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-17 18:04:25 +0000 (+0000), Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
[...]
> The technical committee has set precedent that competition is
> acceptable in the "outer ring" of services (i.e. The TC doesn't
> want Big Tent projects competing with nova for example but
> deployment is fair game). I agree with that decision completely.
> However, I can't help but wonder wouldn't this require at-least a
> Fuel mission change to the governance repository?
[...]

His original message explained it:

    "As for the governance - Fuel CCP will be just a separated
    experimental project under OpenStack namespace with own specs
    and core team. The nearest example of the same governance is 3rd
    party Fuel plugin done not by Mirantis."

So basically it's not officially part of Fuel, and isn't (currently)
even trying to officially be part of OpenStack.
--
Jeremy Stanley