[openstack-dev] [networking-ovn] provider networks

Ryan Moats rmoats at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 17 17:57:15 UTC 2016

Murali R <muralirdev at gmail.com> wrote on 06/17/2016 12:33:09 PM:

> From: Murali R <muralirdev at gmail.com>
> To: Ryan Moats/Omaha/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org>, discuss <discuss at openvswitch.org>
> Date: 06/17/2016 12:33 PM
> Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] [ovn] provider networks
>
> > Your question makes me think that you are using provider networks
> > in a way different from I have used them
>
> Actually it is standard
> Q_USE_PROVIDER_NETWORKING=True
> PHYSICAL_NETWORK=providernet
> PROVIDER_NETWORK_TYPE=flat
> OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE=br-provider
> PROVIDER_SUBNET_NAME=provider-subnet
> FIXED_RANGE=10.145.253.0/24
> NETWORK_GATEWAY=10.145.253.1
> ALLOCATION_POOL=start=10.145.253.111,end=10.145.253.242
>
> So earlier, probably the full l3 support wasn't there. I made
> changes for logical flow additions in my own repo and use it for
> testing. I had to do a big merge for l3 extensions last night
> because networking-ovn eas expecting some idl extensions in new updates.
>
> The setup now creates a logical router in OVN and assigns the
> gateway address given above. The gateway should not be used to
> allocate address for OVN router.
>
> If I create another private network, add a new router attach it to
> public network created, the traffic is hitting my external company
> gateway all the way out. Not sure what is happening. Can I just
> delete the default router1 that the devstack setup created? Looks
> like I may have to do some manual configs to get this setup working.
> Or should I disable OVN_L3 in devstack?

I'm dropping the openvswitch discuss list and adding the openstack
dev list because this is very much now questions for that channel.

Right now, my test cloud is in a state where I can't answer your
question directly, but my memory is that a router should not be
created and if it is, that would be a bug against something...

Ryan