[openstack-dev] Version header for OpenStack microversion support

Henry Nash henrynash9 at mac.com
Fri Jun 17 16:29:56 UTC 2016

Hi

We are currently in the process of implementing microversion support in keystone - and are obviously trying to follow the cross-projec spec for this (http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/microversion_specification.html <http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/microversion_specification.html>).

One thing I noticed was that the header specified in this spec is of the form:

OpenStack-API-Version: [SERVICE_TYPE] [X,Y]

for example:

OpenStack-API-Version: identity 3.7

However, from what i can see of the current implementations I have seen of microversioning in OpenStack (Nova, Manilla), they use service-specific headers, e.g.

My question is whether there a plan to converge on the generalized header format….or are we keep with the service-specific headers? I’d obviously like to implement the correct one for keystone.

Thanks

Henry