[openstack-dev] [ovs-discuss] [OVN] [networking-ovn] [networking-sfc] SFC andOVN

John McDowall jmcdowall at paloaltonetworks.com
Fri Jun 17 00:14:44 UTC 2016

Juno,

At a high level I agree with you, however if the OVN rules expect the return flows from the VNF to be a particular “type L2/L3/Tunnel” that is modified  “VLAN/IP/Encap” as the flow progresses there should be a control channel to enable the infrastructure SFC/OVN to communicate the requirements to the VNF or vice versa.

I am just not sure a solution will scale if it requires manual setting of the system, but I may be over thinking the problem.

Regards

John